In the mid-1970s the Bank of Chicago had an Uptown Branch at 1050 West Wilson (between Broadway and Kenmore). This popular bank was one of the commercial hubs of Uptown life in that era. Today, a different bank occupies that building. Google Maps street view shows it’s one of the few remaining large buildings on the north side of Wilson today east of the ‘L’. The bank also advertised “Drive-Up windows” at 4700 North Sheridan Road. The image to the left was taken in December 1975.